The Danish Nationality can get marriage in Thailand with a tourist visa and also can apply affirmation freedom to marry at the Denmark Embassy in Thailand. The Processing time take around 2 weeks.
The Documents Are Request:
The document are request for foreigner who want to marriage in Thailand see this link;
- Salary statement (the latest) or similar documentation of your income, for instance your pension statement or your yearly salary statement from the Danish tax authorities (årsopgørelse).
- Certificate of Marital Status “Ægteskabsattest” (Certificate of Residence “bopælsattest” cannot be used) issued by your Danish municipality, if both you and your future spouse are Danish citizens or hold permanent residence permits to Denmark. If either you or your future spouse are not Danish citizens or hold permanent residence permits to Denmark, you need to apply for the Certificate of Marital Status at the Agency of Family Law. Please note that the certificate is valid for four months.
- Copy of your boy-/girlfriend’s ID-card or passport.
- Original Thai ID card
- Original House registration
- Original Divorce/Death certificate (if any)
- Original Change name
- Original Change Surname
- Original Single paper
- Original passport
5 Step to Get Marriage Registration With Us
Step 1: Booking Appointment to Denmark Embassy
Step 2: Apply for the Affirmation of Freedom.
- – Scan your passport and send to us by E-mail
- – We will Inform you all detail you need by E-mail
Step 3: Translate all embassy-issued documents into Thai language.
- – Pick up from the hotel to the UK Embassy on appointment date
- – Re-check all documents and Affirmation of Freedom form
- – Applying for the Affirmation of Freedom at the embassy takes around 2 hours
- – Send back to the hotel
Step 4: All document certified at Ministry of foreigner affairs.
- – The notarized Affirmation of Freedom form will be translated into Thai language by a certified translation service provided by VisaThai.
Step 5: Have the marriage registered
- – All the notarized Affirmation of Freedom and Thai translations will be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on your behalf.
- – Pick up from the hotel and take you district office or Amphur to have the marriage registered. We also prepare the interpreter and witness this request from district office or Amphur. After marriage registered complete we send you back to the hotel with a small give from us.
If you have plans to use the marriage certificate as a legal document in other countries, it is best to have it translated into English or your own language and notarized at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs or at the Embassy.
The Embassy is not authorized to provide or recommend translation services, but there are various translation services outside. Foreign nationals who are married to Thai nationals do not automatically acquire Thai citizenship.
Foreigners married to Thais still need to apply for a visa at Immigration and renew the visa every year.