WORKING IN THAILAND
NON-IMMIGRANT VISA Category “B” (Business, Work and Investment)
Foreigners who wish to work in the Kingdom of Thailand can apply for a one-year working visa only after obtaining a work permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, and Ministry of Labour. The one-year working visa is the last step.
Important: There are no limitations on the number of times you can renew the working visa, as long as you continue to meet all the visa requirements. This visa can be applied for as a single or multiple-entry visa.
Getting a Visa
Step 1: Apply for a Non-Immigrant-B visa Click here
Step 2: Apply for a work permit Click here
Step 3: Apply for a one-year working visa in Thailand
- Stay in Thailand up to one year
- Buy a condominium or a car
- Resident certificate
- Driving license
- Marriage in Thailand
- Family member can follow and stay in Thailand
- Multiple-entry visa eligibility
Requirement for Applying: One-year working visa
- Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must submit the following documents (Category “B”)
- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- Recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months
- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:
- business registration and business license
- list of shareholders
- company profile, Company photo, Product photo.
- details of business operation
- list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions ( Employee Social Security)
- map indicating location of the company
- balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 of the latest year and Por Ngor Dor 30 and Por Ngor Dor 1 of the last 3 months)
- value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)
If you hold a work permit for more than 3 years, then you can apply for a Thailand Resident permit.